If so, our plasterer position might be for you. Working with our team, you’ll take on challenging projects, creating detailed ornamental plaster for new buildings and recreating designs to preserve a building’s historic elements.
Along the way, you’ll have the opportunity to hone your leadership and communication skills, as well as develop a detailed eye for artistic excellence and learn the tricks for producing quality plaster.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to be part of a team that values every member, this position is perfect for you.
- Understand which materials are best for both new construction and historic buildings and obtain them beforehand
- Prepare walls and ceilings for skim and/or cement by cleaning, taping and fixing any holes or cracks
- Create a mortar mix that is perfect for the application, modify it when necessary and ensure the new plaster matches the consistency and texture of the existing plaster
- Coat walls with plaster and go over the undercoat to make sure the final coat is flawless and requires few touch-ups
- Design the desired texture and create ornamental plaster, recreating original designs when necessary
- Construct scaffolding so plaster can be applied to ceilings and other hard-to- reach places and re-position it as needed
- Hang sheets to protect doors and windows from wet plaster and remove light switch covers
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High range of mobility to apply plaster in all necessary areas
- Excellent teamwork to achieve flawless results
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Trade school certificate
- Minimum 5 years exp